Corporate Reputation & Competitiveness
Following the publication of Digimind’s popular white paper on online reputation in 2008, we are pleased to follow up with the publication of a new white paper: Corporate Reputation & Competitiveness – Managing the Risks and Opportunities.
- Studies show that, in 80% of cases, reputation risk arises when there is a significant mismatch between hype propagated about a company, product or service and reality.
- Reputation risk is now considered the number one risk by companies. It has to be managed carefully, as failure to do so can have serious ramifications for your bottom line; impacting negatively on a company’s brand image or its market valuation.
- However, successfully managing your corporate reputation can bring rich rewards, increasing your stock market valuation (more than 5% per year on average for the 10 companies rated in 2000) and instilling pride and confidence in your employees, customers and investors.
In many cases, information relevant to the resolution of crises and reputation management already exist within companies, but the problems are not detected quickly enough and are not routed to the appropriate executives.
The new face of corporate reputation
Why it’s important to go beyond online reputation.
- Because of the potential impact on a company’s critical mission and profits.
- Because issues concerning a company’s reputation which originate online are often extended into the wider offline sphere.
- Because online reputation attacks often result from other types of risk.
Effective reputation management must be comprehensive and link internal and external information to the company.
The management of online reputation must be intimately linked to the the culture of the company and its internal policies, (corporate communications, CSR, customer relations policy etc) as well as conforming with societal concerns.
This white paper addresses three main concerns:
- Why are reputation attacks becoming a priority threat for businesses?
- How should companies best prepare and educate their leaders?
- How to exploit and manage opportunities as well as trying to prevent threats?
Digimind is a global competitive intelligence and social media monitoring company that provides businesses with unrivalled insights into their true standing in the market. Digimind’s proven intelligence technology has provided Fortune 500 brands around the world with critical information for their business for more than 15 years. Profitable since its founding, Digimind has a 92 percent customer retention rate and more than 100 employees across offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
> Follow us :
Get Your Free eBook
Sign Up for a free Digimind Trial TodaySee a live demo