Record-breaking tweets of 2011 (Infographic)
2011 was a year of major milestones. The human population hit the 7 billion mark and social media edged towards saturation, with Facebook reaching 800 million subscribers and 100 million of us actively using Twitter.
- Instantaneous communication has never been easier. Real-time coverage of events has shaped the way we consume news and we’ve seen a dramatic increase in the volume of tweets published every second.
- In May, the capture of Osama bin Laden created a record of 5,106 tweets per second. But a much more light-hearted announcement generated a new record on 28 May with 8,868 tweets per second; the news of the pregnancy of the singer/actress Beyoncé.
- However, a whole new level was reached when the 20,000 tweets per second mark was crossed in Japan, on 9 December, during the television broadcast of the famous cartoon by Hayao Miyazaki, Castle in the Sky: 25,088 tweets per second!
Digimind specializes in competitive intelligence and web-based monitoring software that helps organizations to automate the process of collecting, analyzing and publishing critical information. Digimind is essential to any organization that seeks to enhance market position and corporate reputation, through ongoing monitoring of market trends and indicators, customer requirements and the competitive landscape. Digimind has an international presence to serve the needs of its global client base with offices in Boston, Paris, Singapore and Rabat.
- FREE Benefits of Intelligence Software [Infographic]
- FREE Market Intelligence Survey Report 2012
- FREE Increase Efficiency with CI Software
- FREE Sourcing Information In The Deep Web
- FREE Boost Revenue With Sales Intelligence
- FREE Market Intelligence Survey 2012 [Infographic]
- FREE How To Conduct A Competitor Analysis
- FREE Business Case: HM Insurance Group
- FREE How To Choose CI Software
- FREE How To Build A Company Profile
- FREE Business Case : Credit Agricole S.A. Group
- FREE Business Case: NSI