Over the last few years, Digimind has developed specialist and expert skills in the pharmaceutical industry thanks to the implementation of several competitive intelligence systems at major laboratories (Sanofi, AstraZeneca, GSK, Bayer, Johnson&Johnson, Pfizer, Baxter, etc…) to support and serve national and international projects.
By introducing competitive intelligence procedures and service documents tailored to the pharmaceutical industry requirements, laboratories are able to improve their reactivity to developments in their competitive environment:
- Monitoring changes in competitors’ portfolios, hiring in R&D and priority advertising material
- Monitoring mergersor acquisitions between laboratories that could represent a threat for other pharmaceutical organizations
- Monitoring the positioning of competitive drugs and the sales policy adopted by medical representatives
- Identifying and monitoring the opinion leaders and the symposia and conferences organised by competitors
- Monitoring the rumors circulating concerning drugs and identifying their sources
- Identifying competitors’ sales structures and commercial priorities
- Anticipating complaints, claims, or lawsuits about recently developed drugs
- Monitoring statutory and regulatory developments in the health sector (non-reimbursement, generics etc…)
As the competitive stakes are now as high as the budgets for the launch of new “blockbusters”, strategic intelligence has become a vital approach for pharmaceutical laboratories.
The adoption of a tailored, automated, and adaptable information system, based upon the Digimind platform combined with methodical support, enables companies in the pharmaceutical industry to progressively develop their reactive and anticipation capacities, and provides them with a major competitive advantage over their competitors. To find out more about pharmaceutical competitive intelligence, see web-based Digimind platform and please don’t hesitate to contact us.